Marwako Restaurant, a Ghanaian fast food chain, topped Twitter trends yesterday (11th May) after a series of tweets from users complaining of acute food poisoning.
The allegations were brought forward by a Twitter user with the handle @deezydothis.
Since then @deezydothis has updated his post with more allegations pertaining to Marwako.
His post was rehashed by other users with shared experiences from Marwako dating as far back as Saturday 7th May. The alleged victims referenced the Marwako East Legon Branch as the source.
Many have since been hospitalised or undergoing prescribed over-the-counter treatment from pharmacies.
The Ghana Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) is currently investigating the cases of alleged food poisoning by some customers of Marwako Food on social media.
Meanwhile, some affected customers have hinted at filing a class action suit against the fast food service.
Management of Marwako is yet to release a statement.