Emirates suspends most of its passenger flights in light of the Coronavirus and travel ban

Emirates Airline has announced that it will be suspending most of its passenger flights to various destinations from the 25th March, 20202 as governments close down their borders due to the Coronavirus.

Earlier on Sunday, the national airliner of the United Arab Emirates had planned to shut down all passenger fly programmes but later rescinded the decision after receiving calls from several countries to continue the service upon request.

In a statement shared on their social media platforms, Emirates updated clients on steps taken to help mitigate the spread of the Coronavirus across the world.

“Having receiving requests from governments and customers to support the repatriation of travellers, Emirates will continue to operate passenger and cargo flights to the following countries until further notice, as long as borders remain open, and there is demand: the UK, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Japan, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, USA, and Canada. a company statement said Sunday. The situation remains dynamic, and travellers can check flight status on emirates.com,” a section of the statement read.

It was, however, continuing with its Cargo programme to all its frequent destinations.

“Emirates SkyCargo operations to maintain vital international air cargo links for economies and communities,” it pointed out

READ MORE: https://braperucci.africa/https-braperucci-africa-kotoka-international-airport-is-africas-best/

Customers affected by the travel ban and other issues were also encouraged to visit their website to make changes.

Staff of Emirates

“If you are a customer impacted by travel disruptions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we offer you the option to request a travel voucher for future travel within one year. Please visit: emirat.es/help,” it said.

Emirates is the first of the world’s largest airline organizations to announce such a drastic measure amidst lockdown, the closing of borders and flight cancellations as the Corona Virus spreads across the world.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Sponsor

spot_imgspot_img

Latest

#TheAntwis: Sammie and Nana Ama’s destination wedding in Aburi is the beginning of forever

#TheAntwis, Sammie Antwi and Nana Ama's wedding transported us to the hilly mountains of Aburi and made us dewy-eyed as love was celebrated in December.

Ophelia Crossland is taking Ghanaian Kente to the global fashion exhibition in China

The award-winning fashion designer will be representing Ghana and Africa at the 2019 Qipao Invitational Exhibition at the China National Silk Museum.

Who Rocked it Better: Funke Akindele and Omoyeni were both spotted in the same dress at #AMVCA7

Popular Nigerian actress, Funke Akindele Bello of Jenifa's diaries and Entrepreneur Omoyeni of Mwanga Africa found themselves wearing similar gowns to the #AMVCA7

Everyone is talking about how regal Naa Ashorkor looked at the 2020 EMY Awards

Co-host of the Emy Africa Award, Naa Ashorkor Mensah-Doku was a sight for sore eyes as she hosted this year's edition.

Serwaa Amihere throws a lavish party to celebrate her 31st birthday.

Serwaa Amihere, news anchor for GhOne TV turned 31 on 8th March 2021, and she threw a lavish party to celebrate her new age.